Seen a better case for space?!
Actor Anthony Rapp was just the first celebrity to accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment—and the New York City apartments that he bought with the allegations still come with Hollywood grandeur. The first of two places he bought, per Brown Harris Stevens’ Uptown Sotheby’s International Realty website, is available for sale now at $1.15 million, a crisp 14 percent discount.
The apartment, which the site says is “the first property of its kind to hit the market,” boasts three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a rooftop deck with a 250-square-foot hot tub, according to Brown Harris Stevens’ listing.
The apartment, complete with an “eclectic eclectic elegance” and “fairy-tale” proportions, features 1,300 square feet, including one bedroom, three bathrooms, and two terraces.
Rapp, the 56-year-old “Star Trek: Discovery” actor who first broke the story in a bombshell article in The New York Times, bought the two-bedroom corner apartment in 2004 for $879,500. The place features gold accents throughout, “grand marble,” and “molecular” fixtures, according to the listing.
Brown Harris Stevens also says that the apartment features “[a] low library/study area, walk-in closet, and large kitchen /breakfast room.”
Rapp moved out of the home on June 1, according to the listing.
It is not clear who is currently living in the home, nor if the renovation work is complete.
In April, Rapp called out Weinstein at a Politicon panel.
“You’re not a predator, and I’m not a victim,” he said of the film executive, who is currently under investigation by multiple countries for alleged harassment of more than a dozen women. “A predator is somebody who sleeps at night and takes a shower with a naked woman before you, before you. And she is making all these kind of noises that I know are his and not hers. A perpetrator is somebody who grinds up against you sexually or gropes you sexually and you give her a piece of your mind.”
Earlier this week, Weinstein, who was booted from the board of The Weinstein Company in October 2017, claimed that the accusations against him are “completely false” and that a “cache of false and politically motivated allegations” is behind the sexual-harassment allegations.
“The idea that I ever assaulted any woman is false,” he added.